At My Kid’s Doctor, we remain focused on caring for our patients by providing high-quality healthcare services when you need them. Though our Lake Nona office has closed until further notice, our Kissimmee office is open, and continues to see patients for health care needs. And, you can always contact us by calling our office, through the secure patient portal, or on our website.
The safety of our patients and visitors remains our top priority, so we are:
- Putting CDC recommended protocols in place to ensure the highest level of prepared coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention
- Ensuring we have necessary supplies and equipment, and appropriate staffing
- Conducting screening questions, so that any symptomatic patient who arrives can be properly masked and immediately isolated to protect our staff and patients
- Following the latest CDC guidelines for testing, which requires a physician assessment and order
- Offering Telemedicine visits (virtual visits) with our pediatricians (Please see below for more information).
Should I still come to my appointment?
Yes, we are open and seeing all previously scheduled patients. Your on-going healthcare needs remain our top priority. If changes in your appointment need to occur, we will contact you.
What about visitors at my appointments?
During this time, we ask that you limit accompanying visitors and attend your appointment alone. The only permitted exceptions will be a single caregiver for a minor patient, or for a patient with a disability or impairment warranting assistance.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. These symptoms can range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of breath
I have symptoms from this list; should I attend my upcoming appointment?
If you have a fever, new cough (within the last two weeks), shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms, please call our office or send a message to your provider via the secure patient portal link on our website for guidance on your upcoming appointment.
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Public health officials recommend the following steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
We are closely monitoring coronavirus in partnership with our local and state health departments, and the CDC. You can access our secure patient portal link on our website, or the CDC's Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) hub to stay informed.
Telemedicine Visit Information/Instructions:
In light of COVID-19 and for the safety of our MKD family, My Kid’s Doctor has expanded our services to include Telemedicine for our patients.
Though our Kissimmee Office is still open for in-person consults, we are also providing virtual visits with our pediatricians for the following types of appointments:
- Sick Visits (Established or New Patients)
During this time, we are providing this option at a community discounted price for self-pay patients: starting at $35. (Please call today to see if your insurance provider covers telemedicine visits).
To schedule your virtual visit, please follow the following instructions:
- Contact our office via phone (407-343-5683) or book online by clicking here. Please make sure to inform our staff that you wish to book a telemedicine appointment. (Please specify this in this notes section of requesting the appointment online).
- Upon booking your appointment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our team that will include the link to connect with your doctor (links are listed below as well), and the room code that you will need to access your visit.
- Please ensure that the device you are using (mobile smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) has a camera/webcam feature that will allow our physicians to see you or the patient (similar to a video phone call).
Note: If you wish for the physician to see more than one child, this is considered 2 appointments, and needs to be scheduled as such.
Should you have any technical difficulty in accessing your appointment, please call our office at 407-343-5683 so that we may assist you.